In this section
The DPC seeks to lower the barriers to digital preservation, making long term access achievable for all. But it is hard to know where to start. Digital preservation is daunting enough: a decade or more of research has shown that long term access to data is achievable. The proliferation of projects tools and services has had the effect of putting digital preservation within reach but has also made it harder to know where to start. The DPC offers a generic advice service which tries to match advice to members' needs. The following links provide guidance to help you get started, work out who is doing what, and provide a more sustained introduction to specific technical and organisational challenges.
- Preservation Handbook is intended as a simple but comprehensive guide to Digital Preservation planning for all kinds of projects and institutions.
- Technology Watch Reports are commissioned by DPC from leading developers and are intended to provide an advanced introduction for those looking at specific issues of preservation and access
- What's New in Digital Preservation provides a short, frequently updated digest of new events, projects and services as they emerge.
- The DPC Annual Reports provide an annual overview of the DPC community. They are a guide to what a large cross section of institutions are doing to ensure continuing access.
- Case notes in digital preservation - from April 2010
- Occasional papers - from time to time the DPC commissions or publishes papers on specific topics which provide an advanced reconnaissance to those engaged in digital preservation.
Recording from DPC 'Digital Preservation in Action' with Johan van der Knijf on Jpylyzer now available
30 Jan 2015 | 8:28am
27 Jan 2015 | 9:05am
DPC members invited to take part in new VeraPDF Project Webinar for Review of Functional Specification - Tuesday 3rd February 2015
26 Jan 2015 | 14:30pm
Registration now open for the third in the series of the DPC’s ‘Technology Bytes’ and ‘Digital Preservation in Action’ Webinar Series.
26 Jan 2015 | 9:08am
Recording from DPC 'Digital Preservation in Action' with Maureen Pennock at the British Library now available
23 Jan 2015 | 14:02pm
19 Jan 2015 | 9:34am
DPC on Twitter
- Digital Preservation Coalition publishes ‘OAIS Introductory Guide (2nd Edition)’ Technology Watch Report
- Digital Archives Officer Vacancy at University of St Andrews Library
- Vacancy at The National Archives: Senior Digital Archivist (Maternity Cover)
- Vacancy at Trinity College Dublin: Research Fellow in Data Curation
- 'Technology Bytes’ and ‘Digital Preservation in Action’ – New webinars announced and first sessions now open for member registration
- Vacancy at Archaeology Data Service: Collections Development Manager