Unilever Archives & Records Management require a freelance/self-employed Digitisation Assistant to work on an exciting digitisation project. The post holder will be based at Unilever Archives & Records Management in Port Sunlight (between Liverpool and Chester):
- 2 months full time (40 days)
- Start Date: Required ASAP
This role will involve the preparation of archive materials for scanning, digitisation of archive material and preparation and recording of metadata. You will need an eye for detail and technical and IT competency. The post will be responsible to the Archivist & Records Manager responsible for the delivery of the project.
Duties and responsibilities
Preparation of archive materials for digitisation e.g. numbering pages, identifying compound objects etc.
Scanning and digitisation of materials to order and as part of larger project work.
Creation of metadata for project work including descriptions and references.
Provision of progress updates
Skills/competencies and experience required:
- Experience of digitising archive material and knowledge of digitisation processes and workflows
- Knowledge of and experience with databases
- Good IT skills.
- Ability to handle archival materials with care.
- Excellent attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
For further information or to apply for this role please email a CV and covering letter outlining relevant experience to:
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 31 March 2017.